Over 5b birr Dire Dawa-Dewele toll road inaugurated

Addis Ababa, June 17, 2019 (FBC) –The 5.2 billion birr Dire Dawa-Dewele toll road project linking Ethiopia and Djibouti inaugurated yesterday, June 16, 2019.

Minister of Transport, Dagmawit Moges, Deputy Chief Administrator of Somali regional state, Mustafa Omer and other invited guests attended the inauguration ceremony.

The toll road is the second to Ethiopia next to Addis Ababa-Adama expressway.

About 85% financed by China’s Eximbank and the remaining 15% by the Ethiopian government, the construction of the 220km road was started in 2007 Ethiopian calendar.

The upgrading of the previously gravel road into asphalt toll road has reduced the journey time from Dire Dawa to Dewele to four hours from ten hours.

LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS